Home > Forum > General > Hill climb racing tips and review
General
Titles: Hill climb racing tips and review Update time: May 17, 2019
1#
In  Hill Climb Racing we have several vehicles and several stages. Different  vehicles have different performances on the same stage and I'd like to know  what are the best combinations to maximize distance in each stage.
Countryside
Most  vehicles can go great here. Once you hit 2000 miles there are a couple of  hills that are very tricky and one in particular that is very hard to not  break your neck when you land.

Dune  Buggy 2223 miles
Monster  Truck 2156 miles
Jeep  2154 miles
Xmas
The  trees don't really get in the way here. I don't have much fun with this  stage so I haven't put much time into it. Gas becomes the limiting factor.

Tank  3073 miles
Dune  Buggy 2590 miles
Truck  1921 miles
Desert
Traction  is key for this one.

Monster  Truck 3638 miles
Tank  3051 miles
Truck  2872 miles
Arctic
Again  traction is the main concern. The hill at ~2340 miles stops most vehicles  that get that far.

Dune  Buggy 3219 miles
Snow  Mobile 2563 miles
Quad  Bike 2431 miles
Highway
This  one's all about gas. The distance between gas cans goes up about 50 miles  each time you get to one so watch your distance and try to figure out when  the next one is coming up so that you don't jump over it. Any vehicle without  a gas upgrade will need to hit every gas after about 1400 miles.

Kiddie  Express 18028 miles
Truck  14678 miles
Super  Diesel 9047 miles
Racecar  32037 miles. Requires nigh perfect runs
Cave
Slower/shorter  vehicles do well here because they are easier to keep from flying over jumps.  Eventually traction and speed to get up some hills become an issue at which  point you have to get real good at letting off the gas early and cresting the  hills.

Dune  Buggy 2876 miles
Rally  Car 2431 miles
Jeep  2369 miles
Moon
This  one is just really hard to get distance on - the second one wheel gets off  the ground you are starting to flip. Tank does consistently well because of  its tracks.

Tank  1253 miles
Monster  Truck 1111 miles
Rally  Car 1090 miles
Mars
A  combination of cave and moon. Timing when you let off the gas becomes even  more critical than in cave. Take your time.

Jeep  1586 miles
Tank  1562 miles
Quad  Bike 1446 miles
Alien  Planet
The  slick surface means that very early in the level you need a running start for  most hills. If you jump off a hill and land on the up slope of another you  have to back down and start over. Better to gently crest the hill ride down  the other side and pick up speed for the next. There's a hill at ~1150m that  stops most vehicles.

Snowmobile  2351 miles
Jeep  1313 miles
Race  Car 1257 miles
Arctic  Cave
Like  a slicker version of cave.

Dune  Buggy 1910 miles
Hovercraft  1235 miles
Snow  Mobile 1159 miles
Forest
It  takes power and traction to push through the trees. I don't enjoy this one  very much so I haven't put in much time. The Hippie Van is not affected by  the trees but it still does not seem as effective as the 3 below.

Tank  1727 miles
Dune  Buggy 1602 miles
Monster  Truck 1563 miles
Mountain
The  Mountain stage works best with vehicles that are good at making short steep  climbs and are resilient to flipping. The treads on the tank also handle the  large number of sharp points very well when other vehicles get stuck with a  tire on either side of the point.

Tank  2114 miles
Dune  Buggy 1884 miles
Hovercraft  1434 miles
Mudpool
Performance  seems to diminish as you get muddy in this one so try to jump as much mud as  you can. Traction up hills becomes the biggest issue. The hovercraft will  skim the surface of the liquid which is handy.

Dune  Buggy 2266 miles
Big  Finger 2142 miles
Tank  2023 miles
Volcano
Jumping  the fire becomes pretty important when gas gets scarce. Again the hovercraft  will skim the surface of the liquid which means you will never have extended  fires.

Tank  2958 miles
Rally  Car 2177 miles
Monster  Truck 2071 miles
Beach
This  one's actually really straightforward. The dunes provide nice traction  heading up the hills.

Truck  12338 miles
Tank  5694 miles
Dune  Buggy 4357 miles
Roller  Coaster
The  key is a vehicle that can get up the very steep inclines - vehicles with down  force like the Dragster Race Car or Rally Car are all effective.

Dragster  3991 miles
Race  Car 2652 miles
Rally  Car 1562 miles
I have  not put as much time into the following tracks.

Night
The  rolling hills and scarcity of gas make this track similar to Highway.  However traction is not as good.

Tank  4424 miles
Tractor  2877 miles
Monster  Truck 2355 miles
Rooftops
The  key to this stage is not to hit all the ramps with speed. The very flat ones  like the first few wooden ramps are safe as are the dark ones at the edges  of the rooftops. Any other higher ramps are liable to land you in between  rooftops if you hit them with speed. Unfortunately you do not get lots of air  for falling down the holes!

Monster  Truck 2763 miles
Jeep  2666 miles
Motocross  Bike 2651 miles
Junkyard
There  doesn't seem to be much of a trick to this one. Another "traction and  gas" track.

Tank  2746 miles
Super  Diesel 2455 miles
?
Construction
The  swinging beams make this one tricky. The best strategy is probably to travel  slowly to see how the beam is supported and work from there.

Big  Finger 1964 miles
Tank  1584 miles
Quad  Bike 1564 miles
Rainbow
This  is a tough course. You just have to spend a good bit of time figuring out  which jumps to take at which speeds.

Rally  Car 2776
Truck  1775 miles
Quad  Bike 1507 miles
Haunted
This  was a pretty boring course I only went through it a couple of times.

Tank  4684 miles
Big  Finger 2316 miles
?
Northpole
Also  pretty boring. The presents can get annoying. I imagine tank and truck would  fare well possibly also snow mobile. Update: BF is good here. Earned 10m+  coins going from level 45 to 62 in one go.

Big  Finger 16040 miles (level 64)
Dune  Buggy 6291 miles
Sleigh  2108 miles
The  key to this stage is not to hit all the ramps with speed. The very flat ones  like the first few wooden ramps are safe as are the dark ones at the edges  of the rooftops. Any other higher ramps are liable to land you in between  rooftops if you hit them with speed. Unfortunately you do not get lots of air  for falling down the holes!

1.  Monster Truck 2763m
2.  Jeep 2666m
3.  Motocross Bike 2651m

Junkyard

There  doesn't seem to be much of a trick to this one. Another "traction and  gas" track.

1.  Tank 2746m
2.  Super Diesel 4x4 2455m
3. ?

Construction

The  swinging beams make this one tricky. The best stratergy is probably to travel  slowly to see how the beam is suported and work from there.

1.  Big Finger 1964m
2.  Tank 1584m
3.  Quad Bike 1564m

Rainbow

This  is a tough course. You just have to spend a good bit of time figuring out  which jumps to take at which speeds.

1.  Rally Car 2776m
2.  Truck 1775m
3.  Quad Bike 1507m

Haunted

This  was a pretty boring course I only went through it a couple of times.

1.  Tank 4684m
2.  Big Finger 2316m
3. ?

Northpole

Also  pretty boring. The presents can get annoying. I imagine tank and truck would  fare well possibly also snow mobile. Update: BF is good here. Earned 10m+  coins going from level 45 to 62 in one go.

1.  Big Finger 16040m (level 64)
2.  Dune Buggy 6291m
3.  Sleigh 2108m

Total 1 Page/1Record number

Titles:

Content: